This is another of those HelloFresh recipes I’ve tried while living in NYC, one that I would definitely make again. This Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe is easy to make and can provide a healthy, filling lunch, or a light summer dinner, depending on your preferences.
Time: 30 min
INGREDIENTS Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
2 Chicken Breasts
¼ Cup Parmesan
1 Roma Tomato
¼ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
4oz/110g Mozzarella Cheese
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
Don’t forget to wash and dry all the produce and the chicken!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F degrees. Thinly slice the zucchini. Cut the tomato into wedges. Chop the mozzarella cheese into ½-inch cubes. Halve the lemon.
- Toss the zucchini and tomatoes on a baking sheet with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with half the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until softened and slightly golden brown.
- With 5 minutes left on the zucchini and tomato, remove them from the oven. Increase the heat of the oven to 500°F degrees. Sprinkle them with the panko, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Halve the chicken breasts by placing your hand on top of the meat and slicing into the middle, parallel to the cutting board, but stop before cutting all the way through. Open it up and flatten it with a mallet or large pan. Season on all sides with salt, pepper, and the remaining Italian seasoning.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Slice into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the last tablespoon of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In this order, plate the spinach, the roasted vegetables and the chicken and bon appetit!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!