I love, love, love, curry so much that there are actually no words to express this feeling of love. Even though I did try here. The reason why you don’t see more curry recipes on this blog is that the truly tasty ones are difficult to prepare, time-consuming, and the ingredients for them are scarce where I live.
However, when I am in the mood for curry, I try to look for simple recipes such as this curry chicken & rice. With few and common ingredients and simple to prepare, this recipe is still satisfying and an easy, tasty substitute for the real thing.
Servings: 1 (for 2, double every ingredient)
Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
125g Chicken Breast
Salt & Pepper
1 sprinkle of Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Curry
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt & pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- In the meantime, dice the onion and the tomato.
- When the chicken is ready, transfer it to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the curry and salt & pepper to taste and cook until mixed through for 1 minute.
- Throw in the rice and mix well until the rice is completely mixed in.
- Add water to cover and the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 12 minutes (if using brown rice, 30-40 minutes) until the rice is cooked through. Add more water if necessary.
- Remove the pan from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, top with tomato, coriander, and almonds, serve with the yogurt, and enjoy!
Did you enjoy my Curry Chicken & Rice recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave me a note below or contact me, I’d love to hear from you!