We made these delicious oven roasted mushrooms last week as a barbecue side dish, along with vegetable salad and garlic sauce for the meat. We were looking for something quick and tasty to make, and that would pair well with the rest of the meal. Mushrooms are generally very easy to cook, in any way you like, yet we opted to roast them as it really brings out their texture and flavor. High in fiber and vitamins, mushrooms are also fat- and cholesterol-free (yay!).
This recipe is very simple and healthy which adds versatility, so you can’t go wrong with either eating them by themselves or with other dishes.
Time: 35 min
INGREDIENTS Delicious Oven Roasted Mushrooms
DIRECTIONS Delicious Oven Roasted Mushrooms
Don’t forget to wash the mushrooms!
- Remove the mushroom stems. You can reuse these for other dishes, no need to throw them away.
- Peel off the outer layer of the mushroom cap. We usually peel off the thin skin on the outside of the mushrooms to avoid any chewy taste. Not that the mushrooms were old, but we didn’t want to take any chances. We also peel them when we aren’t happy with how they clean up or if they still have dark spots. We used a knife to peel them off. You can find a visual example here from Chef Jon-Paul Hutchins.
- Add half inch butter cubes in each mushroom.
- Transfer them to an oven-safe dish and roast at 350°F for 30 min. Avoid measuring their readiness by how they darken if you peeled off the skin.
- Sprinkle with some salt & pepper and revel in their deliciousness!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!