We love soups so much that we could eat a bowl for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So we were bound to add a few soup recipes to the blog at some point. This Easy Chunky Yellow Squash Soup Recipe is sort of a traditional Romanian dish, perfect for summer due to its light texture and ingredients. If you’re not a fan of soups with chunks of vegetables, we also have a recipe for a creamier version here. So get your utensils ready and have fun!
Time: 50 minutes
INGREDIENTS Easy Chunky Yellow Squash Soup Recipe
Don’t forget to wash and dry all the produce!
2 Yellow Squash
½ Red Pepper
¼ Celery Root
1 Large Onion (we had very small ones so we used 7)
1 Large Carrot
3 liter Water
3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
3 cups Cabbage Juice (optional, for sourness)
½ Lovage Leaves (optional, mostly to smell good)
3 tablespoon Vegetable Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS Easy Chunky Yellow Squash Soup Recipe
- Have the water boil in a large pot at full heat with 3 tablespoons of salt.
- Once it boiled, reduce to medium-high heat.
- Chop the carrot and add it to pot. It needs to go first since it takes longer to soften.
- Add the celery root whole.
- Chop the onion and add it to the pot.
- Chop the red pepper and add it to the pot.
- Simmer at medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until the carrot pieces are soft.
- In the meantime, peel, remove the seeds and chop the squash into bite sized pieces.
- Add the squash, the vegetable seasoning, and salt to taste. Simmer on medium-high heat for 25 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
- Here’s where you add the cabbage juice if you want. We prefer it for a more bitter/sour taste, but you can totally do without it if it’s not your thing.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Finally, simmer for 5 more minutes, add the chopped lovage leaves (again, optional), and salt and pepper to taste, and you’re good to go!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!