As we’ve said before, we are major soup lovers, so we were bound to share a few soup recipes with you at some point. This Easy Yellow Squash Soup Recipe is perfect for summer due to its light texture and ingredients. If you’re not a fan of thick, creamier soups, we also have a recipe for a clear, chunky version here.
Time: 50 minutes
INGREDIENTS Easy Yellow Squash Soup Recipe
Don’t forget to wash and dry all the produce!
1 Yellow Squash
½ Red Pepper
¼ Celery Root
1 Onion (we had very small ones so we used 4)
1 liter Water
1 cm/½ inch Butter
2 tablespoon Vegetable Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS Easy Yellow Squash Soup Recipe
- Have the water boil in a medium pot at full heat with 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Peel the carrot, potato, and celery root.
- Add the vegetables, whole: celery root, red pepper, onion, carrot, and potato.
- Boil at high heat for 20 minutes, or until the carrot is soft. All the veggies need to be boiled through well so it’s easier to pass them through the food processor.
- In the meantime, peel, remove de seeds of, and chop the squash into large chunks.
- Add the squash to the pot, along with the vegetable seasoning and a salt to taste. Let it all boil on high heat for 40 minutes, or until the squash is very soft.
- Filter out the water using a colander and remove the red pepper, the celery root and what’s left of the onion. Do not throw away the water, we’ll need it later.
- Process the squash, the carrot, and the potato, along with the butter either through a food processor, blender, or mixer. Either will work, so we used a mixer. Return to the pot.
- Add the water we filtered out earlier to the pot. How much water you add depends on how creamy or liquidy you want it to be.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!