I’m always looking for ways to incorporate more veggies into my everyday diet, and I haven’t made a soup in quite some time, which is why this Broccoli & Arugula Soup was a perfect addition to my recipe collection.
I also love the peppery flavor of the arugula (if you haven’t figured that out by now considering my other recipes) and I was curious how an arugula-based soup would taste like. I was not disappointed.
Time: 1 hour
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic
2/3 lbs (300g) Broccoli (approximately one head)
2 1/2 cups Water
3/4 cup Arugula
Salt & Pepper
- Thinly slice the garlic, chop the onion and cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion, sprinkle over some salt, and sauté until onion is soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, sprinkle some salt, and cook for 5 more minutes or until bright green.
- Pour the water, sprinkle salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover for 8 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Uncover the pot, remove from the stove and let the soup chill a bit before pouring it into a blender. Puree with the arugula until smooth.
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Did you enjoy our Broccoli & Arugula Soup recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!