I saw this Chocolate Tart Recipe with Strawberries on Tasty and because it looked super easy to make, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to prepare my first ever tart. And what’s better than dark chocolate and strawberries intertwined into one delicious dessert?
The most difficult part of making this recipe was figuring out what would be a suitable replacement for double cream. Double cream is a thicker version of your normal whipping cream. It contains about 48% butterfat. Since I couldn’t find it in supermarkets (I didn’t even expect to) I used a 35% whipping cream. It came out very well and creamy. I would definitely suggest against using heavy cream since it’s consistency is different and is generally thicker than whipping cream. You can read more about it here, here and here if you’re interested.
INGREDIENTS Chocolate Tart Recipe with Strawberries
300g Chocolate Cookies/Biscuits (we used Oreos)
250ml Double Cream or Whipping Cream (we used whipping cream since it’s difficult to come by double cream outside of the UK)
300g Dark Chocolate (we used Nestle)
DIRECTIONS Chocolate Tart Recipe with Strawberries
- Pass the biscuits through a food processor until they turn into crumbs. Don’t even think about using a blender with this one. Initially, I started blending them, most likely out of habit, but that went nowhere.
- Melt the butter using a microwave and pour over the cookie crumbs.
- Pour the biscuit and butter mix into a 9 inch/23cm cake or pie tin, leveling well, and transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the whipping cream in a small pot and add the chocolate, mixing well until the chocolate melts about 5 minutes.
- Take out the tin with the biscuit base out of the freezer, and pour the melted chocolate on top of it.
- Top with strawberries.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours, until the melted chocolate sets well and hardens. Enjoy!
Chocolate Tart Recipe with Strawberries
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!