I’ve loved cream of mushroom soup ever since I can remember, especially as a kid. It’s not a Romanian staple, but always when we traveled I would order it at every restaurant if it was on the menu.
However, I realized the other day when I saw this one on the 8fit app that ever since I could actually say that I can cook, I’ve never actually made a cream of mushroom soup. So I decided to change that – I bought fresh mushrooms and other veggies and got ready for the rich earthy flavor I was about to concoct.
Servings: 1 (for 2, double every ingredient)
Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
225ml Vegetable Broth
75g Mozzarella Cheese
1 clove Garlic
Salt & Pepper
- Cube the mushrooms, cut the onion into strips, dice the zucchini and chop the garlic.
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and cook the garlic for 1 minute, until golden.
- Add the mushrooms, the onion, and the zucchini and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper and let chill for 10 minutes before throwing it into a blender.
- Throw into a blender and blend until smooth. You can either blend the mozzarella as well or serve the soup topped with it.
Did you enjoy my Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!