“I believe when life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” ― Ron White
Lemonade is everyone’s drink of choice in the summer not only for the refreshment it offers, but also because of the countless benefits of lemons, water, honey, and mint. Great source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, some of the benefits help with weight loss, skin care, oral care, digestion, hair care, energy, and many others. You can find more in-depth information here, here and here.
There are countless variations of the drink, but we were in the mood for something simple, fresh and homemade.
Time: 5 min
3 spoons Honey
20 leaves Mint
1L/33oz Water (we used plain water)
- Fill up a carafe (or any container) with water.
- Halve 3 lemons for squeezing and slice the remaining lemon for garnish and infusion.
- Squeeze the lemons well into the water. Use a sieve to avoid the seeds.
- Add the honey and mix well, until dissolved. We used acacia honey.
- Add the sliced lemon and the mint, mix, pour into glasses (with our without ice), and enjoy!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!