I’m a sucker for chocolate. Especially chocolate pudding. It’s my go-to dessert whenever possible, and I love finding different variations and cooking different recipes until I find my perfect combination of creamy and bittersweet, without making it too heavy. Healthier and lighter then pudding, this Light Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe is right up my alley. Using gelatin instead of eggs, also makes it easy and quick to prepare, who likes spending hours in the kitchen for just one recipe?
The beauty of knowing how to cook gives you the freedom of customizing recipes and preparing them as YOU like them, without hurting the outcome, but rather improving it. In this case, you can play with the flavors and use flavored or unflavored gelatin, or replace the bittersweet chocolate with coffee (powder) or finely grated orange peel. Or even substitute all or part of Nutella itself with chocolate or hazelnut liqueur. The combinations are countless.
Time: 30 minutes (does not include refrigeration time)
INGREDIENTS | Light Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe
2 teaspoons Powdered Gelatin
2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
1 cup Nutella
½ teaspoon Salt
1 ½ cups Heavy/Whipping Cream
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Whole Milk
¼ cup Walnuts
3 tablespoons Cold Water
DIRECTIONS | Light Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe
- Mix the gelatin with the water in one medium bowl.
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate and place it in the other medium bowl.
- Combine the Nutella and salt in the large bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a small pan over medium heat. Once boiled, pour half over the gelatine and mix to combine. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the other half of the cream over the bittersweet chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Combine the gelatine mix with the bittersweet chocolate mix, and whisk well until smooth.
- Start pouring the mixture over the Nutella, slowly, using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix until combined. Don’t worry if it seems too watery. The gelatin will work its magic overnight.
- Place in small bowls and cover with plastic wrap. We used five portion sized bowls. Refrigerate overnight.
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle walnuts on top and happy eating!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!