This Soy & Sesame Veggie Rice Bowl has been one of my favorite foods lately. I love the Asian food vibes the sesame oil and soy sauce offer and I feel that I can make anything as long as I have these two ingredients.
I love how versatile and easy it is to cook it – the veggies I’ve listed below are the ones that I usually make this with but you can replace any of them as long as you keep the same quantity. So it’s perfect for those leftovers you want to get rid off while cleaning out the fridge!
Same thing with the meat – you can make it with beef, pork or fish and shrimp. Pork can be cooked the same as the chicken (as mentioned below), but the beef and the shrimp are cooked a bit differently. Once they are done cooking, remove them from the pan and add them at the end, along with the rice.
You can also make it vegetarian or vegan with or without adding another ingredient in place of the meat.
Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
3 cloves Garlic
2 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 cup Carrots
1 cup Broccoli
1 cup Basmati Rice
½ cup Peas (frozen or canned)
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Mince the garlic, dice the chicken the carrots, and cut the broccoli into small sized stems and florets.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice cooks, heat sesame oil in a pan, and cook the garlic until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked on all sides. Also be careful with how much salt you’re adding, soy sauce is pretty salty.
- Add the carrots and broccoli, and sauté until tender, about 15 min.
- Once the rice is done, add it to the pan along with the soy sauce and peas, and mix thoroughly.
Did you enjoy my Soy & Sesame Veggie Rice Bowl recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave me a note below or contact me, I’d love to hear from you!