There’s not much you need to whip up an omelette. A few eggs and a bit of butter and oil are enough to come up with a tasty dish in the morning. Add a few more ingredients of your choice and you’ve knocked up something even more substantial and filling with little extra effort, such as this vegetable & feta omelette.
I’m not usually a fan of omelettes, I usually have just two boiled eggs for breakfast. When I do diverge from the usual, I mostly cook every other breakfast recipe that you can find on this blog, lately this. From time to time though, I do opt for diversity and my first instinct is to log into the 8fit app to see what appeals to me that morning (and to see if I actually have all those ingredients, LOL).
This vegetable & feta omelette sounded delicious, easy to put together and not time-consuming – because I like to choose something fast to prepare during a weekday. I also like that it has vegetables in it and so it makes it easy to take in different nutrients than what I usually would in the morning.
Servings: 1 (for 2, double every ingredient)
Time: 30 minutes
1½ tablespoon Olive Oil
40g Feta Cheese
1 clove Garlic
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Chop the leek, the tomato, the zucchini, the garlic, the onion and the feta cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the leek and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Throw in the zucchini and the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the feta and the eggs, along with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Pour everything into an oven dish, throw into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until everything looks nice and golden.
- Take out the dish from the oven, top with tomato and onion, and bon appetit!
Did you enjoy my Vegetable & Feta Omelette recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave me a note below or contact me, I’d love to hear from you!