For this morning, I had planned to make this delicious breakfast I had in Long Beach called The Newporter. Until I realized I have no bread. Or ham. So I “settled” for the next best thing: one pan breakfast. If you’re like me and you love eggs, bacon and potatoes, this is the perfect filling breakfast for you.
It takes a little while to make (45 minutes), so if you have a busy morning or you’re not a morning person, you might want to leave it for the weekend. I invested the time during the week and made two servings so the next morning I only reheated the leftovers.
Scroll down for the one pan breakfast recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Time: 45 minutes
2 Small Potatoes or 1 Big Potato
2 slices Bacon
¼ cup Water
2 cloves Garlic
1 Green Onion
½ teaspoon Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
½ cup Shredded Cheese (use whatever cheese you like, I used aged Gouda ’cause I love it)
- Chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Slice the bacon into 1-inch pieces. Chop the onion and the green onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and fry the bacon for 5-10 minutes, until crispy (no oil needed).
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon to a towel-lined plate.
- To the same pan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the potatoes and mix until they’re well coated in the bacon fat. Pour the water, cover the pan and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Check on them every 5 minutes to make sure they don’t burn, adding extra water if necessary.
- Stir in the garlic, the green onion. Sprinkle paprika, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Using a wooden spoon, make two holes in the ingredients to reveal the bottom of the pan. Crack the eggs into the holes and season the eggs with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with cheese and bacon. Cover and cook until eggs are done to your liking. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy our One Pan Breakfast recipe? Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!