It can be enjoyed on its own, as a side dish with chicken or meat, or with creamy polenta. This Creamy White Sauce Mushroom Stew is easy to make and it’s an inexpensive way to fill up your stomach. So if you have some leftover mushrooms in the fridge and don’t quite know what to do with them, this recipe is perfect for you.
Time: 45 min
2lbs/1kg Portobello Mushrooms
1 tablespoon Flour
1½ cup Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
Vegetable Seasoning to taste, we used Delikat (optional)
- Clean and wash the mushrooms, then finely chop them.
- Heat the butter in a medium pot over medium heat until it melts.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pot and bring to a boil. They will leave a lot of liquid, so simmer on medium heat until it evaporates, and the mushrooms change color, about 20-30 minutes. Mix from time to time.
- In the meantime, take a small bowl and mix the milk and the flour together, adding the flour gradually so it doesn’t form lumps.
- Add the flour and milk mix to the pot, gradually.
- Let simmer 5 more minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Mix well until it’s all blended smoothly.
- Your Creamy White Sauce Mushroom Stew is done. Ready, set, eat!
Questions, comments or concerns? Leave us a note below or contact us, we’d love to hear from you!